Sunday, January 4, 2009

Flooring Fiasco

Ahhh, new flooring. Beautiful, new, clean. No dog pee stains, or areas of carpet that have been completely unraveled, just nice new flooring. Laminate to be exact, very pretty and really looks a lot like wood. I will post pictures some beautiful pictures.

Wait? It's not complete yet? When did they start?

January 2nd we were prepared to receive our new floors, installed in one day! Amazing and just in time for the New Year! Wait...what? You can't finish it in one day? Ok, ok. I guess we can wait.
Day 2-80% complete, before the workers begin working we notice one of the floorboards (right at the beginning) was deformed, manufacturer error. Hmmm...you have to tear the entire floor up again and replace it you say? Ok, ok if you can get close to finishing today.

STOP! One of the workers just cut off 3 of their fingers!!!! To the hospital.

Ok, we will come back and keep working. Nope, can't come back...ok we will come on Sunday and finish the work.
Ahhh, Day 3. Work, work, work. Wait? You don't have enough flooring to finish the job? Hmmm....
Day 4, wait for more flooring to come in.
Day 5....TODAY. Will it be completed? Will someone lose a toe? Stay tuned to find out...

4 comments:

abi said...

yikes! so is it done now? i want to see pictures! hope you had a merry christmas and such, i realize we didn't even talk! it was crazy around here. finally starting to get back to normal...

Amelia Poll said...

I just posted a comment, but I don't know if it went through. I got a weird error. But, that's lame that it is taking so long. Take pictures when it is done!

susan m hinckley said...

I've heard remodeling horror stories -- I guess I won't be in such a hurry to replace our really yucky flooring. I've been wondering if you're feeling better? I hope you are and that soon you will be enjoying your beautiful beautiful floors and the installation will be just a bad memory. BTW thanks for your nice words on my blog!

Jake and Chelsea said...

three fingers???? that's terrible and hilarious. it's hilarrible. and i'm jealous that you have a house that you can put new floors in, even if it is an ordeal!