Tuesday, December 15, 2009

A Christmas Letter

MERRY CHRISTMAS!



Love,



Amanda, Adagio, Christopher and Presto!!






So I decided that I would write my "Christmas Letter" here instead of sending something out in a card.

This year has been a busy one!

Christopher has been working very VERY hard at his job and has really accomplished a lot. He is getting some major, multi-million dollar projects and high praise for his work. He is being able to sharpen the skills he acquired in his MBA program and really put them to use on a daily basis. While he faces many challenges as well as several "close calls" with layoffs, he really enjoys the work he is doing and has a strong desire to improve himself and those around him.



As you may know, we attempted to sell our home several months ago due to the "poor" area we live in but we were unable to get the attention of the bank because we do not have any financial hardship. We decided to take the house off the market and see what our other options were, if any. We are still researching but will hopefully be able to figure out what the best option will be.

In the meantime, we are working harder to make the lovely home that we have even more lovely. We have invested in some furniture (that the dogs won't chew on) and finally after six months we were able to fix the shower in the master bathroom!
There was a leak in the shower that was causing some significant drywall damage, and because the house was on the market we did not pursue the issue and showered in the guest bathroom. We decided that we needed to fix the shower now that the house was not on the market any longer. We consulted several bathroom specialists and were told that the only option was to replace the entire shower for upwards of $5,000. We were lucky to find a wonderful repair/remodeling company that came in and determined that they were able to fix the problem for $250! Such a relief!

Presto and Adagio are the loves of our life. We enjoy them always. They love love LOVE their morning jog with Daddy and love to snuggle and kiss Mommy. They also love to spend their day digging holes in the yard (finding mud is preferable) and love to chew chew chew on their bones.

I am working hard at my new job (I am working at the same office as Chris). My official title is Vendor Control Specialist. If you ask what I do.......well I guess you could say that I review, manage and work to set up vendors that our company makes purchases from. My specific position is somewhat a quality control type position. It is sometimes difficult to describe because the company is so large and there is not always a simple "job title" that can explain what I do. Whatever it is I do, I enjoy it. I love to be challanged. It is very nice to work with my husband nearby and work with a good and stable company. I am also excited to begin persuing my artwork again in the near future.

We are so blessed with our beautful home, wonderful dogs, employment and our amazing family. We are grateful to all of the wonderful, supportive people in our life who continue to help us grow and become better people.


We love you all and wish you a very Merry Christmas, and the Happiest New Year!

3 comments:

susan m hinckley said...

What a darling picture! Good luck with keeping the new furniture in its pristine condition.

I'm just delighted that your impending return to art made the Christmas letter -- now you're committed!

It sounds like life is good and we miss you and wish you all the best for the coming year. xo

abi said...

Merry Christmas! So glad you guys are doing so well. Great pics of the doggies. New furniture is always good too. =) Love you guys!

Amelia Poll said...

Hooray! Wonderful post. I am thinking about doing this for my Christmas letter this year.

Miss you. Have a Merry Christmas!!