Thursday, July 17, 2008

Something interesting

So, I finally have an interesting event to blog about! Unfortunately it is not a very good thing, but interesting nonetheless! Two nights ago I had fallen asleep very early (my new job is very exhausting) and Chris was getting prepared for bed around 10:00 when he heard something bang up against the front door...He immediately turned on all the lights and called out, but there was nothing. He decided to check it out but did so cautiously and was unable to see anything. After surveying the front entrance area for several minutes he decided it was nothing and went to bed. Approximately 45mins to an hour later he had just fallen asleep and awoke to a loud banging at the front door. He apparently told me that someone was at the door and went to see, at this point I was still mostly asleep and don't really recall him saying anything to me.

He goes to the door, more loud knocking followed by "Phoenix Police!" "Will you let us in?"

Chris had to double check, of course, and saw through the window that sure enough it was about 6 officers with full on shields, shotguns, everything. He told them he had to turn off the alarm and he opened the door.
They quickly rushed him outside insisting to know who else was in the house and where they were. He told them his wife was in the back room asleep and asked if he could go get me, they first said yes then quickly rescinded. He shout my name out as they were preparing to enter. At this point I heard my name shouted, and the dogs barking wildly so I woke up and made my way out of the bedroom, still very groggy.

As I come to the front door I am facing about 6 police officers, looking like swat, yelling at me asking if there is anyone else in the house...no I replied beginning to shake, completely confused.

As the 6 officers run through my house and 5 more begin around the exterior and back yard I am questioned by a female officer, my husband several feet away being questioned by some male officers.

We were treated like suspects though we had no idea what for. One of the officers asked me why I was acting so strange and scared, I was like what? I am completely confused, what is going on!?!?!

Finally they cleared the house and begun to tell us what they were doing there. It seems that there were several shots fired and they had received some 10 phone calls. The phone calls led them to either our house or our neighbors house as the location of the shots. They had already met with the neighbors and was sure that it was our house!!! They were confused how we couldn't have heard the gunshots, so were we, especially when we found out it was approximately 9 shots from a 9-mm.
So what happened, you ask?
Nothing, thats what! Our house was the last place they were going to look and they going to leave. As they were leaving, they found some 9-mm shells down the street a little on the ground but had nothing more than that.
They apologized, gathered the shells and left.

I have never been so terrified in my life!
The good thing is that our dogs did such a good job and were barking like crazy the whole time! Good boys!


Beyond that, things are going good. My new job is going well, I think...I am working very hard and am very busy all day long. I am learning new things every day and am learning what it takes to effectively manage others. It's a lot of work! Chris is working hard at his job often bringing work home, but he has also undertaken a huge project selling his fathers ENORMOUS baseball/basketball card collection! When I say ENORMOUS, I mean HUGE!!!!!! He is currently in the cataloging and inventory stage and will be opening an e-bay business when he is done with that.
They boys are doing great, full of energy and love! We take them to run twice a day, at 5:30am and 9:00pm to try and wear them out, but they are still a handful!

I guess that is all for now, thanks for reading my novella!

5 comments:

abi said...

Ok HOLY COW! That is soooo dang scary! What the heck? They seriously just said, ooops sorry? Weird???!!!! Oh, I would be so paranoid after that. Ack.

Amanda Cheniae said...

Yeah, they apologized for the inconvenience and just left it at that. It was strange, for sure! I am very paranoid, I mean more so than I was before! I am still just in a little bit of shock I think!

Amelia Poll said...

Well, if you hadn't been "acting so strange" maybe they wouldn't have been so mean...whatever! I'm glad you guys are OK, but that's still frightening.

Jake and Chelsea said...

holy crap. i didn't know things like that actually happen.

and the salad was spinach, strawberries, and sliced almonds. it is delicious, and aysia actually ate some!

susan m hinckley said...

I've been wanting to come see your house, but . . . . I've lived in Chicago 3 times (not to mention FL) so I don't scare that easily. Wowee! Perhaps you guys shouldn't fight so loud that all the neighbors can hear and get suspicious?! Glad you're safe.