Turn and face the strain...
So much has happened since my last post, and most of it is good! Some of it is not as good.
Bad news first I guess,
My boss at my new job has been wonderful to me. Supportive, kind, and a good friend. Unfortunately for her, she is losing the battle with Anorexia and made the decision to go into an intensive in-patient treatment center. Due to the fact that she is down to 84lbs (she is about 5ft) the urgency of the situation required her to check herself in immediately. All of this happened within a matter of days.
Some of you may know a little bit about Anorexia, but if you don't it is one of the most difficult and deadly eating disorder and the recovery rate is low. She has a difficult battle ahead of her and it saddens me to think of her struggle and the pain she is going through.
On the professional side of things, losing a great leader causes strain and difficulty in any workplace and we are definitely feeling the strain. The coming weeks and months are no doubt going to be very difficult and being in a leadership position I have a lot of responsibility to keep the office together and running. While many, including myself, work well under pressure I am finding myself feeling scared, unconfident and anxious about taking on this responsibility. It doesn't help that I have only been in the position for 2 months, but I do have a large support group here I just need to remember to use them, since I tend to try and take everything on myself. This experience will undoubtedly help me grow and learn and become a stronger me.
On the lighter side, two weekends ago I went on a wonderful girls getaway with my Mom and sisters to San Diego. It was a wonderful trip, even though I was and still am battling a sinus infection. San Diego is a beautiful city full of lush rolling hills, windy roads and a wonderfully refreshing ocean breeze!!! It was so nice to feel a breeze that was cool! I didn't take any pictures for some reason I just wasn't feeling the "picture taking" vibe so I will show you some of the pictures I stole from my sisters :)

Another exciting development is the new car that Chris just bought. He traded his Honda Civic in for a 2 seater, Mercedes Benz hard top convertible!! He got an incredible deal and though its an older model, it is in amazing condition. We figured since we live in a place where you can ride in a convertible 90% of the time, we should take advantage of that while we can!!! It is fun and fast! Right now it's a little warm to drive around with the top down during the day but that will change soon, or we will head up north one of these weekends and just drive around. I am pretty sure that I need some sort of driving scarf with big glasses and some driving gloves for Chris....Here are a couple of pictures cause I just have to show off!


Fun times will be had, no doubt!
Last but never least, the boys! They are becoming more wonderful every day! They are doing very well with the potty training and are growing fast! They have all their puppy shots and are so full of love and energy! We are absolutely in love with them!! They are getting their bath tonight so I will have to post some pictures after they are nice and poofy, but here is one of my favorites, it was taken with my phone so its not wonderful but you get the idea

Presto is on the left and Adagio is on the right
8 comments:
I'm sorry work is stressful. I hope that your boss gets the help she needs, that is just so hard. On good news - me and the kids are coming down this weekend! Yay! We will have to plan a get together.
Man o man of all the weekends for you to come down. Our weekend is completely packed! Seriously we have something going on Friday, Saturday and Sunday! I will see what I can do though!
Sorry to hear about your boss...not fun. You know, I have copyrights on those pictures, stealer! ;o) I wish we were coming down soon.... :(
I'm not leaving until Wednesday - so maybe we could do dinner or something monday or tuesday?
Oh for sure that should work, not sure which day yet though...I will let you know :o)
can you actually tell them apart? because they look very similar to me....
and adorable.
and way to get that smokin car. unfortunately for us, we will be paying off student loans for the rest of our lives. you know what that means. no mercedes.
Well, no mercedes here either. Although Russ has been looking at a quite ridiculous pick-up truck. Don't get me started. And oh, can Cooper come over to play?
Chelsea-Amazingly we can tell them apart, they have very different faces and very different hair (nope, it's not fur).
Susan-Sure, bring copper on over! I think we could put a little saddle on him and my pups could ride him like a horse hehehehe.
I will say that I am very glad he didn't get a big pick up truck, bleck!
Post a Comment