Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Ouch.

Ok, so I just need to whine. I know my husband doesn't want to hear it anymore, so what better place than the great wide interweb. Almost 2 weeks ago on Saturday the 8th we were out with a friend for her birthday. This was a friend I had not seen in a long time so I was excited. A few hours into the evening my bra starts to feel really tight. I decide it's unbearable so I take it off in the lady's room and put it in my purse. Well this tightness got progressively worse and I begun to get some sharp pains at the bottom of my ribs in my back, largely on the left side. The pain became unbearable and I really felt like something was very wrong so we decided to leave and go to the ER. They did blood tests and abdominal x-rays and abdominal CT scan, nothing. The pain was awful and it took several doses of morphine for the pain to subside. Since there was apparently nothing wrong, all of my tests were perfect, I was sent home with some pain pills and instructions to see my Dr.
Begining early Sunday evening the pain comes back but is really focused in my chest and stabbing pains in my heart. I can't sleep, the pain pills don't work so I call my Dr. first thing in the morning Monday. Chest pains, shortness of breath, tightness, pain on the left side....well that means heart attack...go back to the ER.
Back I go.
EKG time. Nope, heart's fine
How about a CHEST CT?
Nope, fine.
More bloodwork?
Nope, fine.
Must be acid reflux, here are some pills go see your Dr.
Dr. Please help me, it's now one full week and still pain and discomfort. I haven't worn a bra for a week, what must people think!!?!
Dr. says, see GI specialist.
GI specialist.....hmmm....all your symptoms are a-typical of, well.....everything....Lets do an Endoscopy
Yesterday was my endoscopy (probably the 3-4th day I've missed of work!!!!!)
Everything was normal, small hiatal hernia and apparently after a biopsy, a mild case of GERD (Gastroesophogial Reflux Disease) I'm pretty sure 90% of the population has those!
Monday, Ultrasound of my gallbladder.
I am pretty much positive this is the problem. I have a pretty strong hereditary history of Gallbladder problems....I hope this is it.....
Have we received all the bills for this yet? NO! Hahahahahahahaha..........can't wait!
Today, finally the pain was linked to eating a meal. This is good news in the gallbladder diagnosis but bad news because I am seriously uncomfortable. If I go home and lay in bed for one more night the hubby will be none too happy....Helllllllp......

4 comments:

abi said...

I just sent you an email. Do you know what you ate that you think set it off? Let me know how things go on Monday!

Amelia Poll said...

Any news yet???

Amanda Cheniae said...

No news yet, just went in for an ultrasound of my gallbladder but I will have to wait 2-3 days for my Dr. to get it......looks like Thanksgiving is ruined this year....

Cory and Sara Jane said...

Yikes...so sorry. I hope you get it all sorted out soon. You better at least come and watch us all eat for Thanksgiving, so we can see you! ;o)