Monday, June 22, 2009

Obladee--Obladaa

Life goes on.
And so it does. I have been in my new job for 2 weeks now, working on week 3. People keep asking me, do you like it?
It's difficult for me to answer that question right now because I am still learning so much, not to mention adjusting to being just another "cog" in the great machine that is a 30 billion dollar a year company! I don't think I will really have a good grasp of things and how much I like or don't like this position for at least a few months if not more.
As promised though, I will regale you with my latest dieting/weight loss excursion!
Starting last Wednesday, I bit the bullet and went on Jenny! By "bit the bullet" I am of course speaking in the financial sense cause, whoa momma!
But that aside, so far it has not been bad. The food is surprisingly good, it actually tastes like REAL food.
I am hungry, but unlike other diets I have been on, I am actually trying really hard to fill up on veggies and fruit! I don't think I have ever eaten so many veggies/fruit in my life.
Since starting my new job, Chris and I have had the ability to carpool which is awesome! With the car ride comes one of Chris's required after work activities, the gym.
Dun, dun dunnnnn.......
For the past 2 weeks, including today I have been joining Chris at the gym every day. I am starting with 40-45 mins of cardio for now and will probably do weight training later.
Right now I am just really trying to force myself to go and make it a habit. Not working myself to the point of exhaustion so I want to quit, but getting in there and just moving.
So far it has been going well. I will have to check back with you after week 4, since that seems to have been my drop dead point in the past....
We still have our house on the market and have had people looking every weekend but no offers yet. Its still priced a little high, but we aren't in a real rush so we have to make sure the bank sees that we tried to get a better price.
I realize that I left you all hanging last time regarding the "why" and the "how" we are selling our house. The long and short of it comes down to the fact that we are so far upside down that it will take near 10 years to make it up.
We LOVE our house, but our neighborhood is less than ideal (see previous posts about gunshots and police raids in our house) especially for raising a family, which we expect to expand in the next year. So, we decided we have little choice but to sell.
Regarding the "how" we are doing what is called a "short pay" where we remain current on our mortgage and sell for less than we owe. We show hardship in that we live in an area where crime is so prevalent that in the last year there were 2 homicides, 61 violent crimes and 260 burglaries within 1 square mile of our house. ONE SQUARE MILE.
I feel like that is significant enough hardship.
So I guess that is it for now. We love our dogs more every day but they are such naughty boys sometimes. I know, I know there aren't bad dogs, just bad owners. We definitely are bad owners. It is nearly impossible for us to do anything but love on them because they are just so darn adorable. They truly are living stuffed animals! As we get closer to moving into a new home or a rental for a period of time we will need to undergo some major training and no doubt it will make for some interesting blogs. Stay tuned for that!

3 comments:

susan m hinckley said...

Hey, you sound great! And if 45 minutes of cardio doesn't kill you, I must be a lot older than you are. But I find it hard to believe that you needed to lose enough weight to consult Jenny -- I thought you looked absolutely beautiful last time I saw you.

Nothing worse than selling a house. I hope it goes well for you.

And make no mistake -- there are BAD DOGS.

abi said...

I agree with Susan....really Jenny Craig? Anyways, good luck, and I think it will help that you have Chris to "make" you go to the gym. We are "gearing" up to try that sort of thing again over here. Ha! Good luck with the house, I hope that it works out. I sooooo want to do the same thing.

Jake and Chelsea said...

all that in 1 square mile of your house???? i think it is a good idea to sell, sell, sell!! but probably don't put those facts and figures in the brochure...

your dogs are adorable! and i too believe that there are some just bad dogs. i doubt caesar what's his name would agree with me. good luck on jenny craig! i saw on facebook you lost 5 pounds! that is awesome! just don't go too far...i lost 2 pounds with jillian michaels last week, she is a killer.

sounds like everything is going well, keep it up!!