Saturday, May 23, 2009

Let there be jobs!

Wow. I look back and realize that week 3 has lasted nearly 3 months! Hmmm.... Well let's fast-forward to today.

As usual I gave up on my exercise program. Well, let me revoke that negative "gave up" statement and say that I have postponed that program for an undetermined amount of time. I still have the goal in my heart of hearts to complete the P90X program. However as always, LIFE always seems to get in the way...I realize what a weak excuse that is, as I repeat it. But I digress. I will discuss my exercise and dieting plans in a later post.

Much has happened since my last post. Ok lets be honest here, there was A LOT of nothing happening for quite some time. I decided to get myself in a nice little unemployed rut and was unhappily satisfied in that rut for two months.

Luckily, I got a job the first week of May. Kind of a nothing job, just admin for a Real Estate team at an office near my house however, the Friday before I started THAT job I got a phone call from Christopher's company (unfortunately I can't say the name of the company here because they track all things on the internet that mention their name, and Chris was asked by someone at his office if his wife had a blog.....creepy). They wanted to interview me for a position I had applied for a month earlier!

I ended up taking the Real Estate admin position while attempting to hide the fact that I was interviewing for a different job during my first week....That was fun.

Well it has been almost 4 weeks and last week I was finally offered the position at Chris's company. My official title will be Vendor Specialist. I will be inputting, managing, and auditing their trade vendor information on their internal systems (the vendors they purchase from). Sounds thrilling?!

I KNOW!!!

Actually, it is an INCREDIBLE opportunity, with a REAL company and REAL advancement potential. Plus we will be able to carpool!
I gave my two weeks notice about two weeks after I had begun my admin job and will be starting my new job on the 8th. I am very excited!!! Though my current position is not as excited.

On that note, we have also made a decision to put our house on the market.
WHAT?!?!?! But you are over 100k upside down!!!!

I know, it's crazy but we feel we have very good logic behind it, none of which I want to try and explain right now but I will definitely blog about the boring details when I blog about the boring details of my exercise plan. You lucky ducks!

P.s. Presto and Adagio say "HI"



4 comments:

abi said...

Ok, what? You are selling your house? Do tell us your plan to get out of your house........

I don't know how I missed this post from forever ago, I am sorry. Mom just told me tonight that you had blogged about your new job awhile ago, duh! So, good luck, and hello, we obviously need to talk more often.

Amanda Cheniae said...

I just posted this blog, mom is talkin crazy talk. You didn't miss anything, but we do need to chat more! I will be on MSN off any on this week, so try and catch me there and I will tell you how we are trying to get out of our house :)

susan m hinckley said...

A new job? I need to blab less and read more, obviously . . . Congratulations! I hope it's going to be a lot of fun in addition to being stimulating. Just having more time to hang out together will be fun. And talk about cute kids! That's a pretty great picture.

Exercise is overrated.

Good luck on the house-selling. I'm an expert, in case you want any tips. Like "having your house on the market really sucks." Those are the kinds of tips I've picked up over the years.

Gary C said...

Time for a new post. How's the new job, how the house sale going, etc.