Thursday, July 30, 2009

I don't have a fancy title for this....

So it's been a while. I have been very bad at keeping up to date on my and others blogs, I'm sorry! It has been 6 weeks since I started Jenny and I have lost a little under 10 pounds and 2 inches! It is going slow, but I feel really good about it, like I have made some real lifestyle changes this time! I still have a ways to go but I'm working hard and really trying to get to the gym on a regular basis. I still have a ways to go, but I feel like I might actually reach my goal this time!
We haven't had any word from the bank on our house yet, but hopefully we will hear something soon, I will update as soon as I hear something though.
I have been on a 6:00am-3:00pm shift at work for the last month and though it's nice getting off at 3:00, waking up at 4:30am is still rough. Next week I get to do the 8:00am shift for a month so it will be really nice to be able to carpool and hang out with my husband again! The job is going really well. I am still learning but I feel like I have picked things up very quickly and I find that I finish my work a little too fast sometimes. My job is a little more IT intensive than I was planning on, but I have found out that I know a lot more about computers than I ever realized and I feel like I can really pick things up quickly. I guess it helps to have an IT guy for a husband.
We are starting to get more intense in our European trip planning since it is only 8 months away! I think we may have finally narrowed our cities down to: Munich (of course), Amsterdam, Paris and possibly Zurich and Brussels for some day trips.
Planning a trip like this is really difficult! We have spent several days (not in a row) sitting at Barnes & Noble reading travel books, and we still feel like we have gotten nowhere except found more places we want to go!
We bought some great backpacks that double as rolling luggage and are carry-on size so we can just pick up and go, plus they have little day-packs that attach to them so we can take those around the cities.
I don't think it has really sunk in for me yet, maybe it will when we buy our airline tickets (when/if prices come down a little) but it might not hit me until we are on our way!
Last week I was suffering from a really horrible ear infection which is still sticking around. I don't think I was ever old enough to remember the last time I had an ear infection, it really stinks! If my ear doesn't get better soon I will have to seen an ENT. Boo! I hope that doesn't happen. I have been wearing my night guard in the hopes that it is just "jaw clenching" related, but who knows.
My birthday is coming up in a few weeks too, I can't believe I will be turning 28.....That is so close to 29, which is even closer to 30! Yikes.....and don't give me the "wait until you're ___" garbage either, people :-P

I guess that is about it for me. Me and my Mom and sisters are doing our 3rd Annual Girls Weekend Extravaganza at the end of August and I am super excited for that! It is always so much fun, and I will get to spend some time with my little Evan!! Such a sweetie, I can't wait!

2 comments:

abi said...

I'm sorry you've been sick. No fun. Your trip sounds exciting, definitely jealous. We can't wait to see you guys soon!

Amelia Poll said...

Wow....28....you're old! :P Hehe. Just kidding. I love you! :)

Sorry I still haven't gotten that ENT info to you. I keep forgetting. But maybe if I don't give it to you, you won't need it?