Friday, August 21, 2009

The Pattern

So, it appears there is a pattern. I blog once a month. I guess you can mark your calendars to check my blog once a month, and note that I will check your blog once a month.
Do you want to know the main reason? The blackberry. I feel like I am almost unfamiliar with the traditional internet these days, its all app. related. I know you can blog from your blackberry, but its just not the same....

Well for all of you who are just on the edge of your seat waiting for an update on my dieting/exercising journey. I am staying strong with Jenny, I have lost 12 pounds and 14 inches. The great thing is that I still love the food, I'm not hungry and I am exercising on a regular basis.

I have had an urge for a while now to be able to run. I have never been able to run for as long as I can remember. I remember doing the (whatever number it was)-K run in Elementary school and just dying! So I have been spending 30-40 mins 3 or 4 days a week on the treadmill. Granted, I am still not able to run for more than 1 minute at a time, I am pushing myself and spending most of the time speed walking uphill.

The other day, I actually noticed that my behind was SMALLER! I mean, noticeably smaller!

While there is no doubt that I still have a bit to go before I get to my weight goal (about 15 pounds, mostly in my behind) and much longer before I can get to my fitness goal, being able to run for 10-20 mins at a time.... I am still working at it, and haven't lost motivation yet. The amazing thing about this time around, I have not had a gain at all! In the other diets, I always had a few gains so this is a good thing.

The job is going great. I am getting into the swing of things and actually feel like I know what I am talking about half the time now! It's still a bit strange just being a small cog in a small wheel that is part of a larger wheel in the great big wheels that turn to make a massive company run! But I like it. I actually wake up (almost every day) not dreading going to work. I actually get to work and do work and get excited about the fact that I figured out how to do an update query in Access all on my own. Its official, I am a tech geek. I spend my free time at work reading the "science and technology" section of google news! I am one of the go-to tech people! It's a pretty neat feeling I think.

Now for the home update...we have so many offers on our house right now its out of control! We started with our first offer at 99k, we now have an offer for 120k! Unfortunately the ball lies in the Bank's court. A dialogue has been started with the bank and they have finally confirmed that they have received our paperwork, but since we are with a major lender (think of one of the top banks that may or may not have the word America in it) things move at a VERY VERY slow pace. This particular bank takes 4-6 MONTHS to get through the process once they have acknowledged an offer. Our realtor seems to feel confident that we will be able to close before the end of the year but we are not counting on anything at this point.

But to those of you who say the market is slow, that is completely and 100% untrue. The closings may take longer but almost all homes have multiple offers on them so there are buyers, buying.

Now to move on to some of my neurosis. As many of you know, I am an admitted hypocondriac. I am pretty positive that I have a brain tumor, cancer, and west nile virus (I had a mosquito bite last weekend). But today nearly sent me into a panic attack. I was at Jenny and while talking with my counselor while she was ringing my food up, her employee called in. I listened to the conversation and determined (especially when she quickly went to the nearest hand sanitizer pump) that her employee, whom had been there yesterday, had a confirmed case of......gasp.....swine flu.

Now, I have never, ever had a flu shot in my life. In fact I am a firm believer that is why I don't tend to get the flu. I was also in Mexico right at the beginning of the swine flu outbreak. I have never believed that this is any more than the regular flu, which is true: it is a regular flu and less people have died from it that the typical flu kills every year. However, I found myself feeling like the whole place was contaminated! I felt the germs everywhere!
Even though the swine flu is nothing more than the regular flu, because of the pandemic status if you get positively tested for it, you will basically be quarantined in your home for a week. The thought of getting so sick that I would be stuck in my home for a week made me start to freak out a little.

With that said, because I am a hypocondriac, I will never ACTUALLY get sick. Take my Great Aunt Lily for example, from my understanding this was a hypocondriac to the n-th degree and she died in her 90's (my facts may be skewed by my poor memory). So I suppose we will find out in 2 to 5 days if I have the swine flu.

Christopher is freakin awesome. He was just handed a milti-million dollar inter company project to manage. This project will touch almost all aspects of the business and if approved it may be a career changing project. He is taking it with all his usual confidence and strength and so far is kicking ass, pardon my French.
But of course, behind every great man lies a great (neurotic) woman.

Our pups are as cute as ever and I truly wish that I could take them everywhere with me. We love them so much and they bring us so much joy.

We are truly blessed with the wonderful support and love of a great family and wonderful friends.

Now I will go and watch the monsoon work its magic.

2 comments:

abi said...

well can't wait to see how great you look! Congrats on the diet thing. I have so much stress in my life that I'm sure exercising would help - but it is so self-defeating - you don't want to exercise because you are so stressed. Now that Zane is in school all day - I may be able to kick myself in the butt and get it done.

susan m hinckley said...

I couldn't ever run either, until I met the right person to get me running. She had me into it almost immediately. I could do the same for you, if you lived here. I've been running for 8 years now and I don't think I'll ever stop, even though I can't do it every day anymore (because I have a hip that doesn't like it), I still do it 3 days a week year round. By putting 2 days of other exercise in between, I've been able to be injury free for several years now. YOU CAN DO IT! We can talk about it when I see you . . . soon!