Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Nothing exciting...

So there is not anything really exciting going on but I thought I would blog anyway.
I got Lasik vision correction on both of my eyes last Friday. The day after my vision was already 20/20 and it should get better. The recovery has been very good, just lots of eye drops, a bit of halo effect (especially at night) and some dry eye discomfort but all in all, very good. You have to sleep in goggles for the first few nights to make sure that you don't bump or rub your eyes so that is fun (I am wearing them still, just to be extra careful--being a hypocondriac and all).
Chris is getting deeper into his new job, his day is now filled with meeting after meeting, but such is the life of a manager type person. He is doing awesome and impresses his boss all the time :o)
I am working a lot right now, 35-38 hours a week because there is a serious staff shortage, and it is good money-wise but difficult to keep up with school and the shift I'm working has me here until 6:00 which makes it difficult to make it to the gym (unless I want to come home sometime after 8:00). Hopefully the situation will change soon, but I doubt it.
Chris is also doing a hike this weekend with a friend of ours to benefit a cancer organization. I will not be joining him, unfortunately I still have a ways to go before I am fit enough to do a 5 mile hike, but go him!
Other than that, not much going on. Still waiting on the rest of the wedding pictures >:(
Hopefully soon.

1 comment:

abi said...

Oh you could totally do a 5 mile hike wimp!! Jealous of the Lasik. Sorry bout the long hours, but it's more $$ right?