First, thank you to everyone for your comments and positive words! I have decided not to let this bring me down and press on. I have a few decent prospects out there and hope to have more time in the coming weeks, as the dust settles, to be able to look a little bit harder than I currently can. I will be finishing out the month at my current job helping with all the little things to complete the merger, so far things have been ok but I know the next 2 weeks as we finish the final physical move (on the 19th) and begin to tie all the loose ends things will get very....stressful. I will just work through it though, put on my pretend happy face.
On Friday I took the first step to completing my semi-new years resolution. I decided that I wanted to complete an intense fitness program called P90X. If you happen across infomercials often, you may recognize it. You can get a glimpse at www.P90x.com The website is pretty cheesy and I don't expect that I will "GET RIPPED" (saying that in my low grumbly voice) but I expect to get fit, finally get fit for real! For me this is really a test of will, a test to see if I can actually say I am going to do something physical (or anything for that matter) and actually complete it without stopping, falling off the wagon or coming up with some excuse why I can't do it.
The first step in this program is a fitness test to determine if you are fit enough to do the program. Friday I completed the test and passed, though I vomited shortly after completion. I was still standing at the end and they said nothing about vomiting!
I did the minimum amount of push ups, cardio, situps curls and more cardio. It took about 45 minutes and within the first 30 seconds I thought to myself, "There is no way I can do this!" but I pushed through it and did it.
Today was my first session. The program consists of 12 DVD's and it is done 6 days a week for about an hour and 20 mins per day. I made it through the first day, but there were things I couldn't even get close to doing! All sorts of crazy weird push ups and pull ups (of which I can do none without the help of a chair!). This will be intense and it is going to be a real daily struggle. Hopefully it will help keep me out of the depression though and help me build confidence so I can go out there and get a better job and be a better me.
I will be sore tomorrow that's for sure, and I am positive I will come home from work really not wanting to do it. But as many wise people have said, take it one day at time. One hour at a time if you have to.
3 comments:
shoot, do it one push up at a time.
i'm doing the 30 day shred...i'm on day 5. my legs hurt less, but i can't tell if it's because i'm getting stronger or they're just going numb... you can do it!!
I'll pitch in my two cents' worth here . . . I've been taking it one day at a time for 10 years. I started my exercise program 10 years ago in March (5 days per week min.) and haven't ever fallen off the wagon (except a break for an injury in the 3rd year). Every day I dread it and hate it. And I wouldn't give it up for anything. Perhaps the thing I'm most proud of in my life, after being a lump for 35 years. Go, Amanda!
Good for you! I have seen the infomercials & it looks like tough work. Good luck!! I hope you look as hot as all the skinny chics in the ads. ;O)
Post a Comment