Saturday, January 8, 2011

Today's selection:

Song: May It Be
Artist: Enya
Subconscious Reasoning: First off, I really love Enya! It's hard to explain but aside from the soothing nature of her music, I have a deep emotional reaction to it. Enya takes me to a place when I was younger and lost. A time when I would listen to her music and fantasize about the person I wanted to be, a future that seemed nearly impossible. As I listen to her music now, all those feelings rush through me. However, that future is no longer impossible since I have achieved many of the goals I envisioned; completed my education, have a loving husband, own two wonderful dogs and have a beautiful home. 
So why did this song pop into my head? I don't believe it is related to the lyrics since the portion of the song that was playing in my head was not in English (Mornie utulie) unless I spoke whatever language that is in another life. The simplest explanation; I was listening to Enya a few days ago. The potential deeper meaning; as Chris and I work to expand our family I am subconsciously taking stock in my life, leading me to reflect on my past and the future I hoped to have. 

No comments: