So I am going to do a little blogging experiment. As you should all know I received my Bachelors degree in Psychology. While I am interested in several aspects of Psychology, one area that has always interested me is dreams and the subconscious. Most likely this fascinates me because I have some of the most bizarre dreams of anyone I know!
Related to the subconscious, I often wake up with seemingly random songs in my head. I know this is not unique to me but sometimes they are so random and strange I wonder what in my subconscious triggered that song to move to the front of my brain?
Right now I am in a bit of a dream drought, but I seem to be waking up most mornings with a song in my head so I thought I would start tracking these songs and try and come up with a reason that I believe may have caused this song to appear. If I happen to have a strange dream here and there, I might add that as well...
I won't necessarily have a song to share every morning, and as of right now I will not be sharing an audio sample of the song so you will just have to Google it yourself, if you don't know it. However, if I find this to be a worthwhile experiment I may look into adding the song to the blog, and perhaps starting a separate blog..but we will have to see...
Let me know what you think about this idea as it progresses, or if you have any suggestions on how I might make it more interesting!
Today's selection:
Song: Do You Want to Take My Picture
Artist: Filter
Subconscious Reasoning: I figure this must be because Chris took a picture of me last night snuggling with Presto. Or perhaps it could be related to the family photos my family had taken over New Years? For your enjoyment, or not, here is the picture Chris took of me last night:

1 comment:
I love the idea. I can't tell you how many times I woken up with random songs in my head.
Did I ever tell you that while I was having my contractions that different (and very random) songs popped into my head? I would get through each contraction by focusing on singing the song in my head while the contraction lasted. I thought it was fascinating. I think my favorite song that came to mind was "Here comes another one" from Monty Python. It was pretty perfect for the situation :)
Post a Comment