So, while you are all anxiously awaiting my big European trip blog, and I know you are! I would like to ask my readers for some real input.
I have been battling the age old question for years now, the question that no doubt many of you are familiar with and may or may not have found the answer to:
What do I want to be when I grow up?
This is the question I thought I would answer in college however, I ended up with a $30,000 piece of paper that I have been told if I combine with a few dollars, can buy me ONE WHOLE cup of coffee!
So I turn to you, the 5 people who read my blog and ask in honesty....what do you think I would be good at? What talent do you think I have that might translate into some sort of carreer for me? Do have no noteable talent and should I just continue with my medial administrative job that lacks any real substance?
This is not a fishing expedition for compliments, I truly want suggestions or ideas here.
Perhaps just a suggestion on how I might be able to discover this for myself.
How did you find the answer to this question?
4 comments:
I am thinking about this, and I'll get back to you...
First of all, YES I am eagerly awaiting your trip blog. So get going on that! Hope it was wonderful.
And secondly, I had no idea you were SO VERY RELATED TO YOUR MOTHER. Don't ask her this question because she does not know the answer for herself. This is an ongoing conversation between us that has spanned approximately 27 years. It is closely related to the second most popular conversation topic we bat back and forth which is, "Will I ever be happy? Or am I already?"
But I'm going to think about this also (along with Amelia), and I'll get back to you as well.
The fact that your mom is still asking me this after 27 years is a good indication at my success in career counseling . . . but I'll do my best. xo
I was thinking the exact same thing as Susan because - Mom asks me this question too. And, I ask myself these sorts of things all the time. I think things like "I could be a Dr, why don't I go to school and do that". "I liked working in the library - I could be a librarian". "I want to own my own blah blah ...yada yada yada."
I have decided (for now - until I ask myself the question again) that it is ok to be content with the present. I have a job now (mom) and that is my most important one. If (or when) I have time/need to do something else, I can focus on that. Somehow, something is bred in us that we can't just "BE" though - DANG IT!
Sorry no help from me. But you could be a Dr....
I have been wondering the same thing about me. I always knew I wanted to be a lawyer.... but since no one wants to hire me to do that I have been looking into alternative careers. In fact I am going back to school this summer.
I don't think this is something anyone can answer for you.... but I think you are a good people person especially one on one. Maybe a counselor or something. Good luck on your search for a career!
Post a Comment